Friday, April 06, 2007

The Rat's 2007 Fiasco Movie Preview

Here's just a partial list of movies debuting in 2007 that have disaster written all over them:







Blades of Glory
Will Ferrell is not funny. Period.






Evan Almighty
Talk about sequels coming out of nowhere.








28 Weeks Later
...and you thought the original movie [28 days later] didn't make any sense












The Simpson's Movie
Seriously?







Live Free or Die Hard
You know a movie is going to suck when the extended trailer has one line of dialouge in it







Transformers
Cool graphics, and Shia Labeouf is seriously underrated, but a live action Transformers movie?

3 comments:

Dave Novak said...

Ya know Rob, I know everyone's entitle to their own opinion but wow...reading your reviews/predictions, I realize you and I come from 2 completely different places in life. Will Ferrell is not funny? Good lord sir. I just don't know what to make of this.

The Desert Rat said...

I thought he was funny in Wedding Crashers and Celebrity Jeopardy, but that's about it. I just think he picks really stupid movies to make, but I do actually think he's funny, I just think he picks awful roles.

I mean seriously, what is he going to do a movie about every possible sport? First he was a soccer coach, then a racecar driver, now a figure skater, and next he is going to do a basketball movie. Richard Roeper summed it up perfectly, "what is he going to do next lacrosse and curling movies?"

ayla.bird said...

thanks-i was kind of upset that day. oh and i have to respectfully disagree with your will ferrell comment. not funny? come on you've seen his bush impersonations right? maybe it was downhill from snl but still... he makes me laugh. =)